Praise

"Pletcher and Bartolameolli are undisputed experts on the subject of co-sex addiction.  They know more about it than anyone I know and have presented  an expose that with great clarity supersedes anything I have read before."

– John Bradshaw

Monday, March 7, 2011

What is cosex addiction?

Cosex addiction refers to the addiction one has to those addicted to sex. Addiction in this definition is "the giving of oneself over to a habit" and the habit is an addiction to sex addicts. Both the cosex addict and the sex addict are trying to fill their own emptiness within; one with sex and the other with the relationship.

I find people really like to identify the characteristics of cosex addiction and co-dependency. What is Love Addiction? What is Sex Addiction? The more we understand it all, the more we think we can control it. Understanding has value. I also believe that the solution is the same, some of which requires us to surrender our addictions, seek a spiritual solution and release our attachment to control through understanding.

In 12 step solutions for cosex addiction and sex addiction, the steps are the same. We begin with admitting our powerlessness and unmanageability. We ask for help. Then we connect with our Higher Power of our own understanding, do an personal inventory with vulnerable self-reflection, share with an appropriate person and move on in surrender our character defects.

Lastly in 12 step spirituality, we maintain a fit spiritual condition by staying connected to a Higher Power of our understanding.

I feel joy today to have this relationship with a Higher Power. I can release my obsession over another's behavior, my own circular thinking, my addiction to perfectionism, food and being liked and any other behavior that I "give myself over to" that does not serve my highest good.

Blessings and love to all,

Sally

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home