Praise

"Pletcher and Bartolameolli are undisputed experts on the subject of co-sex addiction.  They know more about it than anyone I know and have presented  an expose that with great clarity supersedes anything I have read before."

– John Bradshaw

Monday, July 23, 2012

Authentic Relationships; abundance and there's enough for everyone...

     My husband, daughter and I were shopping not too long ago. She was home for a short time from college and wanted some of her favorite food in the house. As she pulled the crunchy, "all natural", peanut butter down from the grocery shelf and placed it in our cart, my husband said he like the smooth kind; Peter Pan to be exact. I told him we both like this brand and the crunchy version.

"Where does that leave me?" he asked. 


"With your own jar of peanut butter." I replied.


     Simple solution, I know, but still important to note. There is enough space, time, energy and even peanut butter in the world for us each to have what we want. Making sacrifices is a thing of the past. Sure, there are times when one or both partners might choose to give in or compromise on their priority simply due to conflicting events, circumstances or other constraints. But in general, an essential value to embrace when desiring authentic and fulfilling relationships is that of abundance and generosity. Both partners can have what they want as long as it honors the basic values each shares for the relationship.


     Sometimes the solution may seem unconventional but it's our relationship, our marriage, and we decide what it looks like and how we both live within it. As I write this, I am in Michigan in our summer home and my husband is down in Texas working. It's not ideal, but it is what we both want at this time. We find ways to connect and enjoy our time away from each other. 


     A sense of abundance, generosity and a stand for each to have our desires is a good foundation for living an authentic, joy-filled partnership. It's a great way to minimize resentments and keep our own passions, dreams and even simple wants for different peanut butter front and center. 


Blessings to all, 


Sally
www.cosexaddiction.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home